I suggest you ...

Intervals in distance+time

Could it be possible to set intervals in time+distance so that TR can coach us each repetition on a distance to cover within the set time (for example 120m in 30s).
Far better for MAS training.
Cheers
Jay

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JayJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Sarah FegertAdminSarah Fegert (Co-Founder, The App Cauldron, Inc.) responded  · 

Hi, Thank you for this suggestion. The system already seems capable of doing that with a bit of elementary math on your part to make it work.

Since the interval setup lets you base your intervals on time or distance and set a pace you can use the equation pace = time in min/distance in km to solve for any of the three variables. So for your example if you run 120 m in 30 s you run 1000 m (=1km) in 4.16 min so now you can set either a 30 sec interval or a 120 meter interval with an approximately 4.16 min pace and achieve the desired result.

If this turns out a popular request and too bothersome for most users to do the math we may look into integrating this. Let’s hear from your fellow track runners who vote for this feature.

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JayJay commented  · 

Hello !
        This is what I currently do, but, as TR allows to set pace in 15s/km increments, it is not precise enough when you want to work your race paces according to your MAS and be precise. It is easier to set the distance you have to complete in a given time rather than having to calculate an approximate speed, which is, by nature.......approximate.
        When people have a track at disposal it is not a problem, they just use landmarks along the track and know they have 30s (for example) to go from one landmark to another. But, when you don't have a track, it is not possible.
        Also, everytime you change the type of interval training (short MAS, long MAS, mid MAS), you have to do the math again.
        MAS work has to be done very precisely to be efficient, so I am sure this feature would be most welcomed by most users. Either time+distance or (as already asked by other users) the possibility to set pace in 1s increments to get a precise working speed ;o)
        Cheers.
        Jay

Feedback and Knowledge Base