I suggest you ...

Development roadmap with features being planned

Hi !
Would be nice to know when you intend to release v5 and what features are coming.
Please, realise that users probably won't donate for an app that does not exist yet.
I understand that, as a free app, you probably don't have the dev power as others may have, but......a roadmap would be nice, though ;o)
PS : by the way, I sent a message to tell you about another HRM belt working perfectly with TR and it still isn't there !
Cheers and keep up the good work
Jay

0 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JayJay shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    started  ·  Sarah FegertAdminSarah Fegert (Co-Founder, The App Cauldron, Inc.) responded  · 

Hi, thank you for your message. We are working on a feature that makes Track Runner a lot more social while not losing its focus on the serious runner. We do want to get this right so bear with us while we get things into place.

Regarding the HRM – we only mark HRMs as tried and tested if we ourselves tested it. We have a rigorous and standardized testing procedure and while we appreciate reports that certain hardware works we can’t give it the same seal of approval as if we had tested it ourselves.

— Added the Geonaute as unverified but reported to be working.

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • JaromirJaromir commented  · 

Hi Sarah,
        I'd like to ask whether the development has stopped. There have been no updates for almost two years and no communication whatsoever. I absolutely love the app but unfortunately in Win10 it's not working with the bluetooth adapter any more. I even consider dedicating an older Win8.1 phone for my runs with Track Runner but before that I'd really appreciate a word from the authors. At any rate, thanks for this brilliant piece of software!

• JayJay commented  · 

Hi

Dev was faster when the app was not free.
        It has been a whole year since You announced v5 on the blog and then no message whatsoever on the app cauldron.

I switched to Runtastic on an Android phone......

Thanks anyway.

Jay

• JayJay commented  · 

Hi !

What a pity about the 1s increments ! So, TR has to offer intervals with distance+time ;o)

Cheers
        Jay

• Sarah FegertAdminSarah Fegert (Co-Founder, The App Cauldron, Inc.) commented  · 

Hi,

Sharing to social networks is already possible and nothing we would have to spend months working on. Trust us that our idea is taking quite a different tack and is definitely geared towards our core users, i.e. serious runners who run regularly and compete.

Changes to the pacer (customizable pacer) are planned. The interval increments won't change for the foreseeable future as this is a limitation we've found when testing the feature with current standard GPS radios in smartphones. Accuracy to a second is not achievable with the current hardware even if our competitors may try to make you believe otherwise.

We are monitoring the progress of Win10 mobile in terms of stability and functionality needed to make Track Runner work as a universal app and will update the community once we know where this is going. Stay tuned and thank you for using Track Runner.

• JayJay commented  · 

Hi !

Thanks for adding the Geonaute HRM BTLE belt.

Not sure about TR being more social is a feature really wanted by current users to be honest. What makes it different from other apps is that it is made for runners, not for facebook aficionados.

Are there any changes planned for the interval trainings ? Like the possibility to choose speeds in one-second increments and not only 15 seconds ? What about giving the pacer the possibility to be customized ? These are features runners are wanting, not the possibility to send their performance on social network.

Cheers
        Jay

Feedback and Knowledge Base