I suggest you ...

Constant pace option (for indefinite/random distance)

I like the pacer function, but I don't quite get its limitations: I have to multiply the pace I want with a predefined distance number larger than or equal to the distance I'm about to run, and even then there's a progressive algorithm calculating pace, starting off slow and increasing pace. I find this unwieldy. Why?
a) Why isn't there a constant pace option? (e.g. pace me at a constant 5min/km for an indefinite distance)
b) As it is, why are there predefined distances? Why not allow the user to input a random number there (ok, validate for positive, real, non-infinite)?

P.S.: btw, great, great app people. Windows phone would be in a marvelous pace had it been for more devs like you. Thank you.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

Thank you for your comment and praise!

Regarding point a): there is. You only have to disable “negative splits” and splits will be constant throughout your paced run. You can easily check it by disabling negative splits and then looking at the splits table.

As for the pre-defined distances – this is under internal review. Stay tuned! :)

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...